Monday, September 28, 2009

The Preparation

I've been packing all my belongings and I've loaded some of them into the Honda Fit. This tiny car has a LOT of space in it. A great friend has given me a TomTom GPS, so now I don't need to fear travelling off the beaten path. I also have my Zune, with about 70gb of music and comedy tracks to keep me entertained.

I've prepared a brief itinerary. It doesn't have much detail in it because I want to keep my schedule liquid. If I see something off in the distance, I want to change my course and check it out. If I get tired on the road before I reach my planned destination, I want the freedom to spend the night wherever I stop.

Still, I don't expect the plans to change too much. So, in their natural order, my stops will be:
  1. Bethlehem, PA
  2. Columbus, OH
  3. Indianapolis, IN
  4. St. Louis, MO
  5. Kansas City, MO
  6. Hays, KS
  7. Denver, CO
  8. Green River, UT
  9. Las Vegas, NV
  10. San Diego, CA
I'm certainly open to suggestions of things to see/do in each of these cities or in between. I'm hitting the road on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment