Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Time in Ohio

The Bruce Lee Martial Arts Museum must have been some sort of hoax. I awoke in Columbus, OH, got a quick bite to eat and checked out of the motel. The trip over to Brice street in Reynoldsburg took about 20 minutes. The GPS lead the way and I was just along for the ride. It was raining and the interstate traffic was thick. My drive took me off the interstate, into the small town and I navigated just a few turns until I reached a small shopping plaza consisting of about five storefronts. I had reached my destination. What was supposed to be the Bruce Lee Martial Arts museum I had read about in some trip advisor, was actually some dude's "martial arts college", some small town dojo with a few martial arts posters nailed to its walls. A few of the posters were of Bruce Lee. The place was closed anyway. I was disappointed. Screw this town. I have a lot more driving to do. It was time to head over to Indianapolis.

For four hours, I drove westbound. I had left the rainy weather behind by the time I passed Dayton. When the sky cleared up I was able to appreciate the scenery. More farms, more fields, more barns and more silos. It wasn't so boring though. In fact, it's rather beautiful. I wouldn't describe it as desolate, but it is so incredibly wide open. Having left Queens where my next door neighbor was across five feet of hallway, I can only imagine what it's like to have a neighbor three to five miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment